4th Jul 2016
Did you receive your FGM pack from MKSCB?
FAO Headteachers, Principals and Designated Leads
RE Milton Keynes Procedures for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
To whom it may concern
Milton Keynes Safeguarding Children Board set FGM as a priority during 2015 – 2016.
A task and finish group was established in April 2015 where a collection of agencies developed a range of resources for professionals in Milton Keynes to use to identify, and if required seek support for, victims and survivors of FGM.
Below details what is included in our online resource pack, available at the www.mkscb.org
- MKSCB FGM Screening Tool
- MKSCB Procedures relating to FGM
- Information regarding an app for young people (information attached)
- A ‘passport’ for FGM (attached)
- MK Says NO FGM poster (attached)
- FGM Protection Order Guidance
- FGM Case Study Also available are specific education and health resources including suggested phrases and questions to use when working with young people or families where you may have concerns about FGM.
Please remember if you have a child or young person who has undergone FGM or who you believe is at immediate risk of significant harm refer immediately to the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 01908 253169 followed by a completed MASH referral form attaching your completed FGM Screening tool. If you have identified a woman that has undergone FGM or a child that you believe is at no risk of immediate harm but where the risk of FGM has been identified please send your completed screening tool to the FGM Multi agency panel via FGM@milton-keynes.gov.uk.
MKSCB would like to request all schools and academies visit the MKSCB website and download the range of resources available including the revised guidance for practitioners in Milton Keynes.
Many professionals will have already attended MKSCB training for MK practitioners regarding FGM, please be aware more training will be available from September 2016 – please keep an eye on our event booking system @ www.bookings.mkscb.org